The Directive on Markets in Financial Instruments repealing Directive 2004/39/EC (“MiFID I”) and the Regulation on Markets in Financial Instruments (commonly referred to as “MiFID II” and “MiFIR”, respectively) were adopted by the European Parliament and the Council in May 2014. These new rules are designed to take into account developments in the trading environment since the implementation of MiFID I in 2007 and, following the financial crisis, to improve the functioning of financial markets making them more efficient, resilient and transparent.
Both MiFID II and MiFIR shall apply, subject to certain exceptions, within EU Member States from 3 January 2018. For additional background information on MiFID II and MiFIR, please visit:
If you would like further information on how MiFID II and MiFIR are implemented within VTB Capital Plc or how they may impact you as a client, please contact one of the following VTB Capital Plc representatives:
• for queries on Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
• for queries on Best Execution, Justin Dean
• for all other queries, email@example.com
Our Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) is as follows:
VTB Capital Plc: 74OG4PIVJ3TT4O5NSN12
Also available at www.gleif.org/lei/74OG4PIVJ3TT4O5NSN12
To satisfy certain disclosure requirements under MiFID II, VTB Capital plc provides the following documents for its clients.
VTB Capital plc may amend or update these documents at any time.
• Order Execution Policy for Professional Clients
• Best Execution – RTS 28 Report (2017)
• Risk Disclosures by Financial Instrument
• Research Services Offering
• Costs & Charges – Equities Cash & Derivatives
• Costs & Charges – Fixed Income Cash & Derivatives
• Minor Non-Monetary Benefits Disclosure
• VTB Capital Plc Complaints Process